weather cravings

Its getting chilly, and its been raining all day. All I could think of was coming home and having some hearty flavourful SOUP. The only problem was that I didn't know what type of soup I wanted. I automatically cooked up some pearl barley because its a staple comfort food. (even great for breakfast, yum.) I could eat soup all year round, and I do, but usually I go crazy for soups in the fall and winter.

I decided to ransack the canned foods: chick peas, romano beans, crushed tomatos.

I don't have photos, this process happened faster than I expected.

SOOOOO I cooked the barley.
Then I strained the chick peas and added it to the olive oil on the bottom of the pan. I added a premixed tikka misala, cayenne pepper and black pepper. After letting the chick peas get hot and full of flavour. I added the rinsed romano beans, crushed tomatoes, a can of water, 2 cloves of garlic and let it cook. BLEND. Add previously cooked barley. EAT. remember to take a photo half way through the bowl. Eat more.



What food cravings do you get this time of the year?? Do your craving correspond with weather?

1 comment:

  1. because thanksgiving is only a couple of weeks away i really crave pumpkin pie this time of year, mind you i crave it every day, but its a more powerful craving in late september/early october

    ReplyDelete