Batteries and puddles and feline hair loss...oh my

I don't have one subject to focus on for today's blog, so I think I'm just going to do a little random blog-rambling /ranting.

I seem to be having a rough week. First, Sunday night, after returning home from an awesome lunch date with Morgan of www.LifeAfterBagels.com and Andie http://andieasawriter.blogspot.com/ at Fresh in Toronto, my battery in my car dies. No reason, I've just drained it a few times and it gave up. So just over $100 later and a visit from the CAA truck, we have a new battery.

Monday, all but 1 of my clients cancelled. It was obviously that last client of the day that kept the appointment. Thankfully, or i would have made no money at all. (focusing on the positive, it gave me a chance to help show around our new staff member and give him some training.)

Tuesday, the rain came. Normally I love storms. I love listening to the rain. Well, now that I own a home with a wet basement, not a big fan!! Rollin and I ran behind for our appointments and such due to a very large puddle that formed in the basement coming from the wall behind the water heater. It isn't as bad as it seemed when I discovered it. It seems I have a tendency to over react. AKA a puddle is not a flood.

The most disturbing problem I've come across this week is that my cat is losing her hair. At first it looked like she was losing weight, which is understandable, the cats are getting a lot more exercise. I noticed a patch missing by her tail on Monday when she walked past. Then as she walked away I noticed that she was also missing fur from her tail and back paws, making her appear really thin. Yesterday she was sucky so I was able to inspect her further. I don't know what is causing it, she could be stressed from the move and just reacting now. Someone mentioned it could be fleas and she is having a severe reaction, so I tested her for fleas using the methods taught on the good old internet. No fleas.

So I have to take her to the vet and I want to be optimistic but I'm really quite scared I'm going to lose my baby. She was my gift to go along with my marriage proposal from Rollin. We picked her name before we even picked her out. She was purring like crazy in her cage and when it was opened she jumped out at us to cuddle. I hope my pretty Perogi is feelin gbetter soon and its nothing too serious.



Perogi is the kittie on the right, Parker is on the left.

1 comment: