choices

So I found that over the past couple of months I have made some bad choices in regards to taking care of my health. I think it started with the move. Bad food choices were made and there was no time for exercise. I didn't feel too bad about the exercise thing, I was doing a lot of renovations and I was working my muscles a lot more than I would have been at the gym.

The disappointing thing has nothing to do with weight gain, surprisingly I didn't gain. It has to do with the fact that I was choosing poorly 75% of my meals, I might even be being generous to save face.

I wasn't cooking, I was constantly getting takeout. deep-fried spicy tofu all the time? not a good idea. there were days I didn't see anything green on my plate or in my glass. Since I wasn't preparing food in advance, I had to choose vegan choices from the food court in a rush.....french fries? bagel? white pasta? ewww. no wonder I've been sick so often over the past little while.

SO I had to make a decision. AM I GOING TO EAT UNHEALTHY VEGAN CHOICES? or AM I GOING TO REINTRODUCE EGGS & FISH BACK INTO MY LIFE?

Before I tried my year long attempt to eat mainly vegan, I was eating seafood, eggs and dairy. Dairy hated me, I felt awful. I gave that up months before the eggs and seafood. I felt good and healthy eating the way I was, but I thought I would give veganism a try. I was very healthy. And the first 7 or 8 months into being vegan I was fantastically healthy and feeling amazing. now.....not so much, and its all about my effort. I'm not fully in it. I'm bored.

CHOICE: hello eggs, hello seafood, welcome back into my life in moderation.

So far so good....and a little guilt.

I guess I'll just have to figure out how to deal with the guilt that's formed after all the research I did when I got into eating a vegan diet.

2 comments:

  1. I'm inspired by your honesty and adjusting rigid rules for your life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for still being inspired.

    ReplyDelete