mmmm food...

Let's talk about food. I love food.


Sunday was a long overdue Brother and sister day for Mark and I. We headed to Toronto to one of the best restaurants ever. Fresh on Spadina.
We both got elixirs to drink, his was a hot lung lover elixir and mine was Urgen-C for a fantastic boost of vitamin C.
We shared these quinoa crusted onion rings for an appitizer, soooooo yummy.I had an energy bowl. It was brown rice, with a vegetable & chick pea stew with a coconut curry sauce. It was full of red onion, tomatoes, cucumber, tofu and sunflower sprouts. LOVE it.

Mark had a warrior bowl. It was similar to mine, brown rice, veg & chickpea stew, and tonnes of spinach.

After our fantastic lunch we wandered around Queen St, for a while. Took a trip to lush so I could pick up some fantastic skincare products. We walked around for a while longer and found DavidsTea. They had so many choices of tea, I had no clue how I was going to choose. Eventually we did and enjoyed our people watching from a window seat. I wish we had some places like this closer to me. If I won the lottery I would definitely open something with great food and tea.
After our afternoon in Toronto we went to my parent's place and Rollin met us there after he was done work. It was superbowl Sunday and my dad needed someone to watchthe game with. My mom made us vegan meatball subs. (brand names for Andie and whoever else wants them: we used president's choice soy meatballs, earth balance soy mozerella, and rice parmesan). my mom made an apple pastry for dessert, sugar, egg & dairy free. So tasty.
Monday I decided to cleanse my diet and planned on eating brown rice and broccoli or beans for 3 days. I made it through breakfast, lunch and snack...dinner I freaked and decided I wanted pasta. Mind you, I made brown rice pasta, but still. I definitely caved and decided now is not the time for me to cleanse. ...because I love flavour and food.

1 comment:

  1. I <3 fresh! trying to get them to open one right around here.

    ReplyDelete