I made cookies!!!

So ever since I bought a facemask from LUSH on Sunday (Oatifix: oats, banana, vanilla and essential oils, fantastic for hydration and calming sensitive skin), I have been craving oatmeal cookies and banana bread.

I decided since its my day off, and I had a few over ripe bananas, that I would make some type of baked good. I found a recipe online for sugar-free banana, peanut butter oatmeal cookies. I had all the ingredients. So I made them. And decided I would add a little sugar by making a chocolate topping for them. Here they are:

http://vegetarian.about.com/od/desertrecipes/r/pbbananacookies.htm

So i am pretty happy with the way these turned out. Next time I make them, I wouldn't use as many oats. So that they were gooier. The recipe called for 2.5 cups of oats, I would probably use just 2 cups next time. Or add another banana.

The recipe didn't call for the chocolate topping. But I had 90% cocoa, so I melted it in a glass dish in boiling water, with some vanilla almond milk and cinnamon and topped the cookies.

I usually don't bake because I have issues with following directions in the right order and you have to be precise while baking, and not while cooking, but this was easy enough.

I now have a lot of cookies...and my apartment smells yummy.

1 comment:

  1. so how do I get to your house again? They sound really yummy, even the chocolate part, but that makes them a no no for me.

    ReplyDelete