Be Kind to yourself

Oh goodness, I've been so focused on being healthy and eating whats good for my body. Part of my choice in becoming vegan was because I was sick of the unrequitted love relationship I had with dairy. I love dairy, it hated me, we broke up, I'm not sure I'm 100% over the relationship even though I know I am better off without it. So I dove into veganism, and explored all my other options. I think I swam a bit to deep into soy. I've had rash like/eczema/psorasis symptoms on my face for a while, they get better, they get worse. I was pretty sure it was a yeast intolerance, I did a cleanse, it got better...then it came back. Oh body, please stop being sensitive to the things I love.

I had a conversation online with a holistic health practioner wo is a part of the kind life forum, he's pretty sure its a symptom of an intolerance to soy. Its possible he's wrong, he said so, but I have this nagging intuition that he's right. So, it looks like I have a lot more planning into what I eat if I decide to emlinate soy until my immune system stops freaking out. No replacement meats or cheeses or eggs, and pretty much no processed food. With my hours, and working in a mall, this will take some serious planning.

I know that my health is priority, I haven't let it sit at the top of my priority list in years...sad, right? I'm sure after really focusing on everything I will feel amazing, but its really going to take work. I'm a hard worker, but when it comes to myself, I can be lax. I always have the best advice for people and their own health and eating habits, I have the information and the know how...I just seem to allow myself to slip more than I should. I know I shouldn't be too hard on myself, I know I eat a lot healthier than I have in probably my whole life, and better than most people...but I'm a perfectionist. When I feel like I am failing at something, I amlost prefer to give up instead of getting a less than perfect grade in my eyes. (does anyone else feel this way.)

Wish me luck. A fully plant based, whole grain, meat-free, dairy-free and soy-free me soon to arrive...oh the adventures of health.

To end this little ranty blog, I will leave you with a conversation I had recently.

"so Andrea, if you eat this great, and everything is good for you, then why is your skin off and you notice every single time you feel off from eating"
"well, i pay attention, I do myself the favour and I pay attention"

So to all of you struggling with your health, please just pay attention. let's stop ignoring our intolerances, and ignoring our bodies screaming at us to eat what we need to heal us. Be Kind to yourself.
Love, Andrea

2 comments:

  1. wow, I really feel for you. I hope it's not the soy for your sake, because that will make things much harder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and yes I am a perfectionist too, it's common to want to give up if you aren't perfect, try to acknowledge what you have done and ignore little slip ups.

    ReplyDelete