01-07-2010

I woke up slightly earlier than my alarm today, which worked out, because my sleepy husband had slept in and forgotten an alarm last night. So he was able to have 15 minutes to get ready and drive to work. I of course wandered over to the couch and can't stop rubbing my eyes. I always find it hard this time of the year to go to work. I chalk it up to the darkness in the morning, and the exhaustion I feel after the holidays.

They are talking about "healthy eating" on the morning news program. I'm shocked that they actually are talking about health, not diet. Just finished watching a segment on my favourite grain...quinoa (keen-wa). The news lady hadn't heard of it. But that doesn't surprise me, I find myself explaining what this super food is, how to spell it and say, and listing its benefits and all the multiple ways I enjoy eating it.

Anyone have any great recipes involving quinoa? Have you heard of it?

4 comments:

  1. We eat quinoa about once a week over here (but I bet that doesn't surprise you) I find myself telling people about it all the time too.

    My mom has this great recipe she makes with cauliflower and cheese... Dunno what to do about the cheese, but I'll bet you have some ideas.

    Ask my mom for the recipe its yummy and easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, tell your mom to follow my blog too. and I will ask her...I'm sure I'll figure something out with the cheese.. \and no, I'm not surprised its a staple in your home like it is in mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mom is away at school right now, so you might have to wait until she gets home. Not much free time at school. But next time I see her online I will tell her to follow your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made a vegan recipe for my potluck tonight. I'll let you know how yummy it is and give you the recipe if it's a hit! No quinoa, but hey I'm not used to this vegan thing.

    ReplyDelete