01-03-2010

Oh goodness, I love Indigo books. I think I just love bookstores in general. They smell amazing. I picked up 2 new books (the next 2 in the Brotherhood of the daggars series by J.R. Ward and an address book. Rollin picked up a few books as well. Considering I just finished book 2 of 2010 I'm itching to get going into my next book.

I was hoping to pick up a new cookbook. I had read about Alicia Silverstone's new book: The Kind Diet. It wasn't in stock, so I'll find that eventually. Until then I'll just read her blog, especially since she inspired my Be Kind resolution.

http://www.thekindlife.com/

As for trying new things foodwise, I've been hooked on scrambled "eggs". Using tofu, scrambled in olive oil, garlic, onion and tumeric. We had breakfast burritos on New Year's Day and today I had 'eggs' on toast with 'cheese' (rice slices). Who knows what I'll do for dinner, maybe a tortilla pizza. (use a whole wheat tortilla with whatever toppings you want and bake for 15 minutes or so, super crispy thin crust and zero effort, great way to get the veggies in too...I also use earth balance mozerella style soy cheese, it even melts)

3 comments:

  1. i love that such a bitchy-seeming actress inspired "be kind"... i know, i know she was actually really nice in clueless - plus her love interest was paul rudd! word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so are you officially vegan now? like 100%

    mmm MexIcan just called my name...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, I am trying to be as vegan as I can be. Hopefully I'll be strict about it by the end of the year. I'll focus on it when I get back form vacation, I have a feeling that LAs Vegas won't be a very vegan friendly city.

    ReplyDelete