01-03-2010

So I started the new year under the weather. Which is okay I suppose, as its forced me to take time for myself and relax. Its quite frustrating that almost every year I am sick after Christmas, buts its understandable as its the busy season is just coming to an end at work.

Since I've been home for 2 days in a row I've had a lot of time to sleep and eat and read and recover.

On 01-01-10 I read "Dark Lover- J.R. Ward". It was a vampire book with a romance style. It wasn't as cheesy as I thought, it took the time to build its characters. Its part of a series so I think I will continue to read about these vampires.

Yesterday, I picked up a book I had started at the end of 2009 and got back into it. The problem is that I often start more than one book at a time and its hard to remember where I left off. I'm currently reading "into the wild - jon krakauer". Its full of facts and interesting stories about Chris MCCanddless life after college. Jon Krakauer related to him and therefore has a lot of personal influence on the story because Chris didn't leave that much into what he was thinking while on his journey across America and into the wild in Alaska. He often just wrote about what he hunted and ate. The book is full of accounts from the people he met while hitchhiking and working around the US. He seemed to leave a strong impression on everyone he met. I plan on watching the movie when I'm done with the book, but as far as I've been told the movie is definitely a hollywood view on the story, where as the book is full of the information needed to truly understand who Chris McCandless was.

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE that movie and have it on my list of 'to watch' for today! :D we watched 'where the wild things are' last night, and it made me want to watch 'into the wild again' *sigh*

    can i borrow that book from you when you are done? if it's yours, that it... i'm a big fan of the library lately - saves $$ ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the movie, but haven't read the book.

    ReplyDelete