new counters = cooking

Ok so I had awful counters when we bought this house. I don't mean, "oh, thats an awful colour" type of awful. I mean an unusable, unable to clean and sanitize, can cut yourself on its texture and possibly end up with an infection, type of awful.

It was a DIY project gone horribly wrong. Someone seemed to think it was a good idea to use outdoor floor paint, you know, that concrete type stuff, in an awful dark muddy taupe colour on top of the old laminates. So we patiently waited for our new counters. They still need to be fixed (there was a measurement error), and I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty stressed about that....but...the counters are in. even if they need to be replaced again...

the best part of the counters...I got to cook tonight. I didn't really have a lot of groceries in the house. So I made a mexican meets polish meal. yep. poli-mex...mexi-pol...either way.

onion perogies, with fieldroast's chipolte mexican grain sausages. I sauteed the perogies in earth balance, with garlic, tossed in the sausages, and threw Daiya cheddar to top it all off. It was a weird mix in my head, but I was very happy with the results.

Also, if you follow this blog via my facebook page (notes), you might not see it there anymore. I'm sick of the arguements and not so friendly banter about my views or reasoning behind my eating habits. My food is my choice, even if I decide to eat a lobster tomorrow....my life, my food, my choice...oh and my counters..woohoo.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pictures please!

    don't you know it's August Break?

    http://www.susannahconway.com/the-august-break-2010/

    ReplyDelete
  3. no question, and i'm STILL commenting!!!!!!!

    man, i'm weird!!

    but, yeah, in response to you saying how people complain on facebook about things you write on here; i have a "friend" *please note the "'s* who does nothing but bitch about me having a blog, in his opinion, "only famous people should have blogs, no one cares what someone who isnt famous has to say" well you know what, i care what my friends have to say, so Steve, keep on writing in here, I'm enjoying the posts quite a lot...but back to what the "friend" *there's those "'s again* has to say about me having a blog, and really, this is one of the main reasons that those "'s have started appearing when i speak of him, after he said what i said he said above (wow, i said, "said" a lot) i pointed out to him that HE has a blog, to which he responded, "yeah, but my band is going to be really big, so when i'm famous people can read it, and they'll care because they know who i am" his cockiness for some reason has never failed to astound me, doesnt EVERYONE who is in a band say that? but yeah, i replied, "Ok, but i do write, there's a chance that i could also be famous some day...hell, there's a chance that anyone could be famous, there's always a chance" and then (and here comes the reason for the "'s) he said, "i really doubt you'll ever be famous, ive never read anything you wrote, but i just dont have faith in your ability to do anything with your life" ummm thanks, i guess, douche

    once again, i ranted, please dont let there be a question at the end of the next entry ;)

    ReplyDelete