chili craving


So everyone at work always grabs Tim Horton's chili, and usually I'm like one of these days I'm going to make chili. Yesterday a couple girls grabbed chili again and Tayree said "I bet vegan chili would be good, and be way less of a tummy ache, you should make it." I told her I have had vegan chili, store bought and mommy made but I have never gotten around to do it for myself. So from that point on, the craving began. Of course I didn't want to grocery shop after work so I skipped it.

By the time late evening came around I realized I was going to have to make chili within the next 24 hours or I was going to burst. So I searched a bunch of recipes and looked in my cupboards to see what I could add to it. After looking at 5 recipes and realizing that I didn't havethe ingredients for any full recipe I decided I would wing it Monday morning.

So this morning I woke up I sauteed some garlic and onion in olive oil, added some crushed tomatoes and what seems like the entire contents of my spice rack. then I dumped it in my crockpot with, 4 cups of water, vegetable buillion, 1/2cup of quinoa, 1 large can of 6 bean blend, chili sauce, can of organic corn, a squirt of braggs all purpose soy sauce and turned on the slowcooker and left for work. Flash forward to getting home to add more....

wow I was so paranoid that my counter would be covered in red hot mush, I was very happy to discover that my apartment smelled AMAZING and the contents remained in the slowcooker. So I tried it right away, yumyum. I cut up 2 Field Roast mexican chipolte vegan saugages and its still simmering now. It smells amazing and sooo tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment