Virginia Beach



So for the Canadian Victoria Day holiday, Rollin and I took off and flew to Virginia Beach to visit my sister in law. The trip was filled with great food, walking, shopping, the aquarium, watching a lot of movies and drinking a LOT of wine. Most importantly, it was fantastic to get away with Rollin and visit my sis in law Lauren.

I was expecting the city to be pretty outdoorsy and perhaps vegan friendly, most beach towns are. VA beach is different. No one wants to be outside. It seemed as though only 1% of restaurants had outdoor seating, and you could barely find a home or an apartment with an outside area to sit. Its more of a drive everywhere kinda town. Thankfully there was a shop called Heritage Food shop/cafe/bookstore. I enjoyed a fantastic smoothie from there. There was a Trader Joe's by lauren's place which made grocery shopping go smoothly.

But I did manage to read a couple books. Oh and one of those was read while seated on a panera bread patio for 4 hours. Once I found a patio, I had to stick around! :)

1 comment:

  1. ummm this comment is about the above post (which i guess is actually the next post and not the previous post) i didnt want to respond in that post because of all of my responses mentioning something about my responding...but yeah...if you changed your name, you could consider Andrea, i've always considered it a pretty name and i think it would of suit you once you got used to it...were your parents expecting a boy and when they had you they stuck with the name Steve? it seems kind of silly of them

    ReplyDelete